“Those who are faithfully true to their amanah (all the duties which God has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts, etc.) and to their covenants…these indeed are the inheritors. Who shall inherit Paradise. And dwell therein forever” (Quran 23:8, 23:10-11)
We recognise that safeguarding and child protection is an essential part of our duty of care to all students and all staff have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn. We understand that safeguarding, child protection and promoting the welfare of all children is everyone’s responsibility and everyone has a role to play in protecting children. We recognise that our school is part of a wider safeguarding system for children and work closely with other agencies to promote the welfare of children. We maintain an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ and will consider the wishes of, and at all times, what is in the best interests of each child.
Lote Tree Primary is committed to the following principles;
- All children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Children should feel safe and secure and cannot learn unless they do so.
- All staff are responsible for keeping children safe and have a responsibility to act if they think a child is at risk of harm.
- Working with other agencies is essential to promote safeguarding and protect children from harm.
- Early help and providing support to families and/or children as soon as a problem emerges is essential to improving outcomes for children and families.
Please see our Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy here: LTP Child_Protection_and_Safeguarding_Policy_2020_2021 (1)
“Pupils enjoy coming to the school”
“They are happy and safe because they are well looked after by staff”
Lote Tree Primary Ethos
Our aim is for every child to excel. We believe that a holistic approach to education through a broad and balanced curriculum, which harnesses the best of Islamic teaching, cultivates responsible, thoughtful and confident young people who excel their potential academically and socially. This lays the foundation for developing exemplary British Muslim citizens who make a positive contribution to wider society.
Please see our full school prospectus here: Lote_Tree_Primary_School_Prospectus_2020-2021